TICKETS GO ON SALE
The City of Edwardsville is pleased to announce the Official Grand Re-opening and April schedule of events for the historic and newly renovated Wildey Theatre. Tickets will go on sale today at 9:00 a.m. as we inaugurate the newly re-created website – www.wildeytheatre.com.
Tickets for all events can be ordered on-line on the Wildey website through the theatre’s ticket provider, EZTickets Live. Tickets can then be printed out at home or office. Tickets may also be purchased at the City of Edwardsville Parks and Recreation Department on the second floor of City Hall, 118 Hillsboro Avenue.
Events scheduled include:
• The Official Grand Re-Opening of the Wildey on Tuesday, April 12 at 6:00 p.m., featuring opening remarks, a ribbon-cutting ceremony, entertainment by Ragtime Piano legend Jean Kittrell , songs from the Edwardsville High School Drama Club production of “Hairspray”, EHS Community Service Chamber Orchestra, tours of the facility and popcorn and soft drinks.
• “The Edwardsville High School Music Showcase”, featuring five ensembles presenting a fundraiser for the Friends of Wildey. April 14 at 7:00 p.m.
• Two nationally-known musical acts - the original country rockers Pure Prairie League (“Amie”, “Falling In And Out Of Love”) and Brewer and Shipley (“One Toke over the Line”) to present the first major concert at the Wildey on Saturday, April 16 at 7:30 p.m.
• The Soulard Blues Band in Concert, Friday, April 22 at 8:00 p.m.
• Bob Kramer’s Marionettes will present “Humpty Dumpty’s Easter Parade”, a show for parents and children alike, at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 23
Movies and additional events will be announced the week of March 14th. Future announcements for special events, movies, and activities for youth, families and senior citizens will follow in the coming weeks and months.
A current schedule of events is available on the Wildey website.
VIEW ALL NEWS ITEMS >>