The Restoration


Fri, Mar 10th, 1916 8:02 pm

The Restoration

Highslide JS


In 1999, the City of Edwardsville received a $300,000 grant through the Illinois FIRST Program, which allowed for the purchase of the building and replacement of the roof. Additionally, Edwardsville has spent roughly $450,000 through tax-increment financing to rebuild the front façade to enhance the theatre, keeping with the art deco theme. Building improvements include installation of a new electrical service, extensive improvements to the exterior (including tuck-pointing and repairs to the masonry walls), restoration of the lighted marquee, new glass entryway doors, replacement of damaged decorative glass panels, and replacement of lower level windows. Volunteers also helped save the city money by assisting with theatre cleaning.




VIEW ALL HISTORY >>